“Arise! Awake! Stop not till the goal is reached!”-Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda Balak Sangha is an especially characteristic service of Ramakrishna Math (Yogodyan). Vivekananda Balak Sangha started functioning since May 1994 with the objective of character building of a real man according to the ideologies of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Ma Sarada Devi & Swami Vivekananda. All the services of Vivekananda Balak Sangha are being conducted by the untiring and combined efforts of the monks, brahmacharins, devotees and volunteers of Ramakrishna Math (Yogodyan). Vivekananda Balak Sangha targets the needy students of class V to X from the low income group families, residing in and around Yogodyan Math, who are deprived of education and provide them assistance in various ways.
- Ideal: Wish of Swami Vivekananda – to build up self- respectful, spirited, healthy, strong and meritorious man.
- Goal: To be a true man by all-round development of character.
- Objective: To devote oneself in welfare of others after attaining own inherent strength – stand on your own feet and then help others to stand on their feet.
- Path: All round development of physical, mental, moral and spiritual qualities.
- Activities: Playing, physical exercise, studying in library, learning in coaching classes, involvement in art, entertainment and cultural programmes, services to others and prayer etc.
Rules and promise of students
- I’ll always speak the truth.
- I’ll candidly admit my own wrongdoings.
- I’ll look at my own fault before blaming others.
- We’ll always maintain brotherly relationship with each other.
- We’ll always carry out the orders of the monks and all other seniors.
- I’ll submit a written letter if I do not come to Balak Sangha or do not go to school regularly. Otherwise, I’ll obey the decisions of the In-charge of Balak Sangha.
- I’ll follow the routine for every work.
- I’ll follow all the rules and regulations of Balak Sangha.
- I’ll always strictly follow all the above regulations with smiling face.
- I’ve thought well on these promise. I’ll never break it.
Daily schedule of students
- Morning:- 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Morning Prayer
- Coaching Class
- Balak Sangha remains close during school hours from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM for students.
- Evening:- 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Evening Prayer
- Self-study Class
- Balak Sangha closes for the day at 8:30 PM.
Ramakrishna Math (Yogodyan)
Vivekananda Balak Sangha
7, Yogodyan Lane, Kankurgachhi, Kolkata-54
Phone : (033) 2320-2927
Mobile: +91 8017919056
Morning- 10:00am to 11:00am
Evening- 4:00pm to 5:00pm